A premium credit card gives you the opportunity to earn better reward points. It provides more travel benefits and lounge access than regular credit cards. Offers a higher discount on dinings, hotel and flight bookings.
If you are looking to upgrade for a best premium credit card then the article can help you find your next best premium credit card.
For better understanding, I have divided the article into two heads
- Best Premium Credit Cards in India
- Best Super Premium Credit Cards in India
Best Premium Credit Card in India 2021
#1. American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
Amex Platinum Travel is one of the top premium credit cards in India. As the name suggests, Amex platinum card provides a lot of travel benefits such as complimentary lounge access and travel gift vouchers.
You would get 4 complimentary airport lounges to visit per year. You will also get additional travel vouchers worth Rs. 17,000 and Taj Hotels gift card worth Rs. 10,000, if you spend more than 4 Lakh in a year.
Amex Platinum Credit Card Annual Fees
First-year – Rs. 3,500
Second Year – Rs 5000
First-year annual fee waiver for Cashoveflow readers (limited time offer)
You will get 5000 reward points worth Rs 4000.
- Travel voucher worth Rs. 6,000 by spending more than Rs 1.9 Lakh in a year
- Earn 10,000 milestone reward points on spending Rs. 4 Lakh
- Get a Taj experience gift card worth Rs. 10,000 on hitting 4 Lakh milestone
Other Benefits on Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card
- 1 reward point per Rs. 50 spend, the value of each reward point is minimum 40 paisa
- Frequent discounts and offers from MakeMyTrip
- Zero lost card liability
- Fuel Surcharge waiver
#2. SBI Prime Credit Card
SBI Prime is one of the best premium credit card if we compare the benefits with other premium credit cards.
The Prime card offers multiple reward points on various categories like utility bill payments, Bigbasket, departmental stores, dining and movies.
You’ll also get 8 domestic and 4 international (through priority pass) complimentary free airport lounge access every year.
Annual Fee – Rs. 2,999 (waiver off on spending Rs. 3 Lakhs)
You would get a gift voucher worth Rs. 3,000 (to choose from brands like Yatra, Shoppers Stop, Pantaloons, Mark & Spencer, Bata and Hush Puppies)
- Get E-gift voucher worth Rs. 7,000 from Yatra.com or Pantaloons on spending Rs. 5 Lakh
- Pizza Hut voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 50,000 in a quarter
- up to 50 Lakh air accidental insurance
- up to Rs. 1 Lakh fraudulent activity cover
Benefits on SBI Prime Credit Card
- 20 reward points on utility bill payment
- 15 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on BigBasket
- 10 reward points on Dining, Departmental Store, Groceries and Movies.
- 20 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on your birthday.
- 2 reward points on other spends
- 1% waiver on fuel surcharge
- 1+1 movie ticket with VISA Signature variant up to Rs. 300
- Up to Rs. 200 off on snacks when you book through BookMyShow on weekends.
#3. HDFC Regalia Credit Card
HDFC Regalia was one of the best HDFC credit cards a few years back. But since HDFC bank has degraded the benefits and start giving on easy approval basis, the card lost the love from credit card lover.
Still, Regalia credit card offers decent benefits in the form of lounges access, reward points and milestone benefits.
HDFC Regalia credit card gives 12 domestic lounges and 6 complimentary international lounge access (through priority pass membership) every year.
You would get 4 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent. Every reward point worth is Rs 0.50, which means a saving of 1.33% (4 * 0.50 / 150 * 100).
Annual Fee – Rs. 2,500 (spend 3 Lakh and get next year fee waiver)
You would get a welcome gift of 2,500 reward points worth Rs. 1,250 every year.
- You will get 2,500 reward points as a welcome gift
- Every year you will get 2,500 reward points as renewal benefits
- Earn 10,000 reward points on annual spends of Rs. 5,00,000
- Earn 15,000 reward points if your total spends is Rs. 8,00,000
Key Benefits on HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- 4 reward points on Rs. 150 spent, each point worth 50 paise
- 2% Foreign currency mark-up
- 15% discount on dining at premium restaurants
- Medical emergency protection up to Rs. 15 Lakh
- Air accident cover of Rs. 1 Crore
- Credit liability cover up to Rs. 9 Lakh
- Travel insurance cover up to Rs. 55,000 on baggage delay
#4. YES FIRST Preferred Credit Card
Yes First Preferred is a premium credit card best for frequent travelers. You can earn up to 36,000 bonus points in the very first year.
15,000 points as a welcome gift, 20,000 milestone points on spending Rs 7.5 Lakhs, 1000 points on YES PayNow registration.
Yes Preferred card also offers free 12 domestic and 4 international airport lounge access every year with complimentary Priority Pass Membership.
You can redeem reward points for flight and hotel bookings.
Annual Fees & Renewal Fees – Rs. 2,500
- 15,000 points in the first year
- 10,000 points on each renewal
Other Benefits on Yes First Preferred Credit Card
- 8 reward points on booking through travel agency & tour operator, domestic airlines and dining
- 4 reward points on all other spends
- Foreign currency markup of 1.75%
- Rs. 1 crore life insurance cover for flight accident
- Rs. 25 Lakhs of medical insurance cover while traveling overseas
You can get Yes Preferred card on having a monthly income of Rs. 2 Lakh. Otherwise, you can get the card by making a fixed deposit of Rs. 3 Lakh.
#5. Citi Premier Miles Credit Card
Citi Premier Miles credit card is a good option for domestic air travelers as the card offers only free domestic airport lounge access.
You will get 8 domestic free lounge access per quarter on Visa Signature card and 6 domestic lounge visits access per quarter on MasterCard World card.
You can earn 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on booking at Citi premier website on any airlines with Citi Premier Miles credit card.
Annual Fees – Rs. 3,000 (first-year fee waiver for Citi priority account holders)
- 10,000 Miles with your first spend of Rs. 1,000
- 3,000 Miles on renewal
You can redeem miles for MMT, Goibibo, Indigo, Yatra, BookMyShow, IndianOil, Amazon, Flipkart, domestic and international airlines. The redemption value varies from 0.15 to 0.45 paise depending on the redemption option.
Other Benefits on Citi Premier Miles Credit Card
- Earn 4 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent
- Rs. 10 Lakhs lost card liability cover
- Air Accident Insurance Cover of upto₹ 1 Crore
- 15% on dining at participating restaurants
#6. Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
Kotak Royale Signature credit card is also a good option if want to enjoy the benefits of premium credit cards and also don’t want to pay high on the annual fee.
Royale signature credit cards come with an annual fee of only Rs. 999 (lowest in the list).
You would get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year. However, the card doesn’t offer any free international lounge access.
Annual Fees – Rs. 999 (spend Rs. 1 Lakh and get a waiver)
You will get 2 BookMyShow vouchers on your 1st swipe, worth Rs. 200 each as a welcome gift.
- 10,000 bonus reward points on spend Rs. 4,00,000
- earn 30,000 points on spending Rs. 8,00,000 (not extra of 10,000 bonus).
Other Benefits on Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
- 4X reward points on airlines, hotels, restaurants, travel agencies & tour operators and package
- 2X rewards on all other spends
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Rs. 500 railway surcharge waiver for bookings done on www.irctc.co.in
- Rs 2.5 Lakhs of Credit Card stolen cover
Best Super Premium Credit Card in India 2021
#7. SBI Elite Credit Card
Elite credit card is a super premium credit card by SBI but the benefits offered by the card are the same as that of the premium cards by other banks.
SBI Elite credit card offers 8 domestic and 6 international lounge access every year.
You would also get 10 points per Rs. 100 on international spends, dining, departmental stores and grocery.
You would earn up to 50,000 bonus reward points with SBI Elite credit card if your annual spends are more than 8 Lakh. The reward points can be used for travel booking.
Annual Fee – Rs. 4,999 (spend Rs. 10 Lakhs and get an annual fee waiver)
You will get a welcome gift worth Rs. 4,999
- 10,000 bonus reward points on achieving annual spends of Rs. 3 Lakhs and 4 Lakhs
- 15,000 bonus reward points on achieving annual spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs and 8 Lakhs
The bonus reward points are equal to a direct saving of up to 1.5%.
Other Benefits on SBI Elite Credit Card
- 10 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on dining, departmental stores, grocery & international spends
- 2 reward points per Rs. 100 on all other spends
- 9 Vistara points for every Rs. 100 spent on Vistara flight bookings
- Free 2 movie tickets worth Rs. 500 every month
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- 1.99% foreign currency mark-up
#8. HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card
Diners Club Black is my favorite credit card by HDFC bank because the credit card offers free unlimited domestic and international airport lounge access.
Diners Club Black is a most premium credit card in India, so you would need to have a monthly salary Rs 1.75 Lakh or an income of 21 Lakh per annum to get the approval.
You would also get 5 reward points worth Rs. 5 on spending Rs. 150 equal to a direct saving of 3.3% on your all spends which is decent.
You will also get one-year complimentary membership from Amazon Prime, Zomato Gold, Club Marriott, Forbes Digital subscription, MakeMyTrip Double Black, Times Prime.
Annual Fees – Rs 5000
Spend Rs. 5 Lakh and get next year fee waiver
The rewards points are worth Rs. 4,000, more than the first-year annual fee.
- First year – 10,000 points
- On renewal – 5,000 points
The welcome gifts are equal to the annual fee of the credit card. So, you can enjoy all the benefit without spending a single penny.
Other Benefits on Diners Club Black Credit Card
- Rs. 2 Crores of Air accident cover
- Rs. 50 Lakhs cover for Emergency medical expenses
- Rs. 9 Lakhs cover for Credit card liability
- Rs. 55,000 Travel insurance cover on baggage delay
#9. HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card
HDFC Infinia is a super premium lifestyle credit card. The card offers maximum benefit, starting from lounge access to golf courses and even with the credit limit.
You will get free unlimited domestic and international airport lounge access across the world. The card offers a minimum credit limit of Rs. 10 Lakh (huge).
You can make the maximum benefit on flight booking at hdfcbankinfinia.com and airvistara.com.
Being a super premium card you need 45 Lakhs ITR to get HDFC Infinia credit card.
Annual Fee – Rs. 10,000 (waived off on spending 8 Lakh)
Other Benefits on HDFC Infinia Credit Card
- 10 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent on hdfcbankinfinia.com, dining and flight bookings on airvistara.com
- 5 reward points on all other spends
- 2% foreign currency markup fee
- 15% across 3000+ restaurants
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- No cash withdrawal fee
- Accidental death insurance of Rs. 3 Crore
- Medical emergency cover up to Rs. 50 Lakh during travel abroad
- Accidental death and permanent disability cover of Rs. 9 Lakh
- Card liability cover up to Rs. 9 Lakh
You would also get complimentary Vistara gold membership having benefits as under
- 10 Vistara points for every Rs. 100 spent on all Vistara flights
- Additional 10 kg Baggage allowance
- Guaranteed reservations in Economy Class
- Priority airport check-in, waitlist clearance, baggage handling and boarding
Note: Vistara gold membership comes with a validity of 1 year. After 1 year, you have to contact HDFC customer care if you wish to keep the membership.
You would also like to read – Best travel credit card in India
#10. Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
Standard Chartered Ultimate is an all-rounder super-premium credit card which offers 3.33% saving on your every spends.
You would earn 5 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent. Every reward point is worth Rs 1.
You will also get one free airport lounge access every month with priority pass membership.
I applied for SC Ultimate credit card the moment it was launched in 2018. Got the cashback of Rs. 10,000 after booking my tickets from MakeMyTrip.
Annual Fees – Rs. 5,000
Renewal Fee – Rs. 5,000 (5,000 reward points on renewal which is equal to the annual fee)
- Up to Rs. 10,000 cash back on MakeMyTrip by booking tickets within 90 days of card issuance.
Key Benefits on Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- 5% cashback at duty-free outlets
- 2% foreign currency markup
- 2 complimentary golf games per month
- 1 complimentary lounge access per month
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
- Up to 25% discount at the top 250 restaurants
#11. YES FIRST Exclusive Credit Card
Yes First Exclusive credit card is one step above the Yes First Preferred credit card in terms of benefits.
Yes Bank Exclusive credit card offers unlimited free domestic and international lounges access across the world.
The biggest advantage is that not only the primary cardholder but add-on cardmembers will also get free unlimited lounge visits.
Note: You must have a monthly income of 4 Lakh or ITR of 50 Lakh (self-employed) to get the approval.
Annual Fee – Rs. 10,000
- 50,000 reward points on the first transaction done within the first 90 days
- 40,000 reward points on each renewal
The welcome gift is worth more than the annual fee of Yes First Exclusive credit card.
25,000 bonus reward points worth Rs. 6,250 on hitting the milestone of Rs. 20 Lakh in one year.
Other Benefits on Yes First Exclusive Credit Card
- 12 reward points on every Rs. 100 spend on Travel Agency & Tour Operators, Domestic Airlines and Dining
- 1000 reward points on each YES PayNow registration
- Complimentary TAJ InnerCircle Epicure membership
- Foreign currency markup of 1.75%
- 25% discount on movie bookings at BookMyShow, max Rs. 250 per month
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- One complimentary golf lesson every month
- Life insurance cover of Rs. 3 Cr for death due to flight accidents
- Medical insurance cover of Rs. 50 Lakh for when traveling overseas
I have shared the list of my favorite premium and super-premium credit cards. If I missed any good credit card to mention in the list then let me know in the comments.
In case you are still confused, apply for American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card