Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium is a regular credit card best for fuel and utility bill payments.
You can save 5% on fuel, phone and utility bill payments through SC super value titanium credit card.
SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card Benefits
#1. 5% Cashback on Fuel Expenses
You will get a 5% cashback on your fuel expenses at any fuel station in India. Other fuel credit cards like Cititbank IndianOil gives benefits only at Indian Oil fuel outlets.
You can get a maximum cashback of Rs. 200 per month on fuel. The maximum cashback is limited to Rs. 100 per transaction.
If you are a bike or a small car owner, who spends a maximum of Rs. 4000 per month on fuel, you can get the maximum benefit from Super Value Titanium Card.
#2. 5% Cashback on Telephone Bills
You can get 5% cashback on telephone bills with a minimum bill payment of Rs 750. You need to pay your telephone bill using the Billpay platform of Standard Chartered to get the cashback. The maximum cashback is limited to Rs. 200 per month.
#3. 5% Cashback on Utility Bill Payments
You will get 5% cashback on utility bills payments like electricity and gas, where the minimum transaction amount is more than Rs. 750.
The maximum cashback limit is Rs. 100 per month and you need to use the Billpay platform of Standard Chartered.
You can save up to Rs. 500 per month (200+200+100) on your fuel, phone bills and utility bill payments. An annual saving of up to Rs 6000.
#4. The Good Life (TGL) Programme
You will get access to the TGL program where you can enjoy best-in-class privileges at popular establishments like discounts on Club Mahindra membership and 10% off at Fortis hospitals.
You get a host of discounts and offers across dining, shopping, travel and others when you pay using an SC credit card.
For example, under present offers, you get 20% off on gold making charges at Joyalukkas, or 15% off when you purchase online furniture at Freedom Tree stores.
#5. Reward Points
You will earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spent on all your expenses except for payments made on fuel, phone, or utility payments.
The reward value ranges from Rs. 0.15 to 0.25 for every 1 reward point depending on the product or voucher you select.
You can redeem reward points against small home products, vouchers, or services mentioned in the 360 Rewards catalog. You need a minimum of 500 points for reward points redemption.
Potential Annual Saving
You can save a maximum of 5% on fuel, phone, or paying utility bills expenses.
Suppose these are your monthly expenses are
- Rs. 4000 on fuel – for cashback of Rs. 200
- Rs. 4000 on phone – for cashback of Rs. 200, and
- Rs. 2000 on utility payments – for cashback of Rs. 100
- Rs. 5000 other expense – 1 reward point per Rs 150
You can save up to Rs. 6850 every year on an annual spend of Rs 1.8 Lakh.
|Rs. 1.2 Lakh on fuel, phone & utility||Rs. 6000|
|Rest Rs. 60,000 on others, then rewards points||= 60,000 / 150 = 400 rewards points or|
400 x 0.25 = Rs. 100 of benefit
|Annual fee waiver saving||Rs. 750|
|Total savings||= 6000 + 100 + 750 = Rs. 6850|
|Savings % on annual spend of Rs. 1.8 Lakh||= 6850 / 180,000 = 3.80%|
SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card Fee
You need to pay Rs. 750 as joining fees.
You will get 100% onetime cashback when you spend on fuel payments within 90 days of joining.
But if you are one of their premium clients then you will not be charged any annual fees.
Standard Chartered Premium Qualification Criteria
- Rs. 15 Lakh minimum monthly average FUM (Funds under management), or
- Rs. 1.5 Lakh minimum monthly salary credit into SC salary account, or
- Mortgage approved amount of Rs. 1 Crore and above, in the first 12 months of commencement of Premium Banking relationship, and thereafter maintain a mortgage outstanding balance above Rs. 1 Crore.
Note– Funds under management includes any one or combination of the following products from Standard Chartered Bank – Savings accounts, Term Deposits, Investments made through the bank.
Annual Fee Waiver
You can get the credit card renewal fee waiver of Rs. 750 on spending more than Rs. 90,000 in a year. You need to spend an average Rs. 8000 per month to get an annual fee waiver.
Standard Chartered Titanium Credit Card Lounge Access
Lounge access is available only for “Premium Banking Customers” who also hold Super Value Titanium credit card.
If you are an “SC Premium Banking Customer” then you would get 12 free complimentary priority passes (one free usage per month) enabling access to 1000+ airport lounges worldwide.
What I Liked
- 5% cashback on fuel, telephone and utility payments
- Contactless card payments
- 3D secure OTP verification for online transactions
What I Didn’t Like
- 3.5% transaction fee charged on all overseas transactions
- Minimum 500 points required for reward points redemption
Standard Chartered Titanium Credit Limit
Standard Chartered discloses credit limit only in the welcome letter sent along with your Super Value Titanium credit card.
If your monthly salary is Rs. 50,000 then you can expect a credit limit up to Rs. 60,000 on your SC credit card.
Standard Chartered Titanium Credit Card Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for Super Value Titanium credit card you need to
- Be in the age group of 21 and 65 years
- Have a stable monthly income
- Belong to credit cards sourcing cities / locations of the bank (mostly Tier 1 and metro cities)
SC Super Value Titanium Credit Card Application Process
Keep the following documents ready for application
- Identity proof like Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN card or Voter ID card
- Address proof like Aadhaar, Passport, Driving license, Phone bill, or Electricity / other utility bills
- One recent passport-sized photograph
- Financial documents like
- For salaried – Latest one month salary slip
- Self-employed businessmen – Latest IT returns with computation of income / certified financials, last business continuity proof
- Self-employed professionals – Latest IT returns, business continuity proof or
other bank credit card statement
You can apply online and get instant in-principle approval. Then a bank representative will get in touch to complete the documentation requirements.
For instant in-principal approval you need to follow the below steps.
#1. Get Instant In-Principle Approval
Visit the Standard Chartered bank website to apply for Super Value Titanium credit card.
Fill in the city, date of birth, source of income, annual income details, email and mobile number.
Click on the green “Proceed” tab to continue with the application.
#2. Fill the Detailed Information Form
On the next page, you need to provide detailed information related to
- Personal Information like name, DOB, occupation, education, marital status and number of dependents
- Address information
- Employment details like designation, work experience and office contact details
- Income details like income proof documents, previous year taxable income, professional income business income & other income details, if any.
- Identity details like PAN number
- Existing banking relationship with Standard Chartered Bank, if any.
After you have submitted the application, you get a prompt approval or rejection message.
On approval, you will get a call from the Standard Chartered for documentation and further process.
Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium credit card is one of the best credit cards for fuel spends as you get 5% cashback at all fuel stations.
Cashback on utility bills and phone bill payment is ice on the cake.
Even if you are a first-time applicant and have most of the expenses on the same categories, you must apply for the card.